A possible idea

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I know some of us are having a hard time finding the Enchanted Sword due to the random nature of the worlds and its wide range of spawn area. Would it be possible to add a marker for that as well since the Life Fruit one has been added, or would it also show the false swords that seem to be all I can find?
Developer
Oct 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Interesting, I didn't know there were false swords. After noticing the little sprite for the sword in the rocks I found one and it was an Enchanted Sword. If that tile 100% of the time drops the Enchanted sword then it's easy to add a marker for it. Let me hack the Enchanted Sword in really quick and I'll go track it down. If it works fine I'll make sure it's in the next version.

edit
Good news it it seems it's possible. I've checked the game code after I couldn't get it to work at all and found there's a 1/100 chance that a standard rock rubble 3x2 size will turn into the sword. I also see that breaking that particular tile type has a 100% chance to drop the enchanted sword. Now I just have to run almost the whole way across a Large world where it finally spawned to test.

Wow, there's not much better proof than that. It spawned in a pool of lava and I could barely find it even with the map marker. I'll make sure this is in the next version.
Marked as answer by LSephiroth on 10/17/2013 at 12:32 PM
Oct 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I greatly appreciate it. I've been intending to make a Legend of Zelda themed character and what better weapon than the Enchanted Sword to start off with? Beams ahoy! I just haven't exactly had much luck in finding one that isn't one of the fake swords.