Statues

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Hi there!

I was looking through the source code and just for testing purposes added a heart statue in the objects tree.

Then I tried to get my head around how the bytes are read in from the world file and to see if there would be a way to distinguish between different statues, but it seems like they are all just marked as "statue". Are you looking into this? Would like to collaborate to get this implemented.

Cheers! :)

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:09 AM

I have started working on getting the frame X and Y from the map file, and are currently adding a new class called statue structured much like the chests, so that a list of them can be generated. How does this sound?

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Seem to have it working so that you can locate the different types of statues now. Only need to confirm a couple of statues and their frameX values (only 3 to go) and I would be able to show it to ya :)

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

All done! Can't seem to use the svn to check in thouhg, so let me know if you want the update! I need to go heart statue hunting now :).

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hey, that's cool! I would love some heart statues, all I ever seem to find are the useless ones.

Developer
Dec 12, 2011 at 10:32 PM

If you got a new marker drawing on the map then I congratulate you as I left it in a very halfway state right now.

Eventually the code is supposed to be such that simply adding a new Marker object to the Markers section of the XML
and a new picture for it in the resources it should work but it's not quite there.  I wasn't going to try to get it fully going
before releasing the 1.1 compatibility considering how many requests I had for MoreTerra to simply work again. 

If you would like submit the changes as a patch but as I'm already working on the same basic thing I can't say I'll
just drop your code in. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Hehe thanks. But yeah I could see the general idea and then just did some detective work to figure out how tiles are identified and how markers are placed.

I added all of the statues markers as a new group of markers with the top node called "Statues". Also I had to distinguish between the different types of statues, so I implemented it almost the same way as the chests are implemented, so when the world is read it stores them in a list. I then, when you draw it, just put the specified marked for that type of statue on the map.

Okay I will just submit it and then you can have a look. I shouldn't have touched any ting else besides the things that has to do with the statues. In any case everything seem to be working in my end. Well except the colors tab, but I haven't touched anything there.

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM

It has been uploaded.

EDIT: Ignore patch 11075!

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Any update on this? I'd love to be able to seek out specific statues instead of mining around looking at each one. :-)

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Does anyone have binaries of 11076?  I'd make some myself but my visual studio 2008 doesn't like default parameters.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Edited Jan 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Yeah I do. I could upload it somewhere if interested. However it doesn't contain the changes that was made in the latest official version, but it still works on my machine.

http://dashvoid.com/moreterra/moreterra.rar

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for uploading that, khesan!

I grabbed what you uploaded and it works perfectly fine as far as I can tell.

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM

No worries. Glad that I could help a little. Also the legends was meant to only be temporary, which is why they are ugly :P

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Any chances of you making a Binarary out of the latest version? The one you posted above crashes on me due to the changes in the way Terraria saves things. All I want is a way to find those ellusive heart statues really. And honestly, I don't care one bit how the legends look, I care about if it works or not.

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Can we revisit this now, with the release of Terraria version 1.2?
Developer
Oct 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I would like to. I am trying to come up with a design that will make it possible to track sub tile types easier. There are a ton of things that this would be useful for. Statues, Pictures, the new Silver/Gold cache items and the Enchanted Sword. The system just isn't designed to easily drop stuff like this in.
Oct 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I've made a build applying khesan's changes to the latest (27198). It will work with 1.2 and is available at:

http://www.filedropper.com/moreterra_1
Oct 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
HiredGoons wrote:
I've made a build applying khesan's changes to the latest (27198). It will work with 1.2 and is available at:

http://www.filedropper.com/moreterra_1
Hey guys!
I've been swarmed with work, which is why I haven't got around to look at this. But a big thanks to HiredGoons for updaing it :)
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Any chance of a reupload of that file? It seams to be down. Great work though! Thanks a bunch :D
Dec 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I'm not sure where I can put the file to have it last for long enough to be useful. In the mean time I recommend using Terrafirma which has this feature built in.