generated map doesn't update?

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I was playing Terraria this morning with my kid. We were looking for a floating island and built a large ladder up to the top of the world. Then I closed down the server and the game. Then I loaded the map viewer and generated a map. The odd thing is that the new map has a timestamp of about 2 hours ago and every time I generate the map the timestamp is the same. The new structures that we've built in the game don't seem to be there. Some of the structures that we've built since starting the new world are showing on the map but the newer ones are not. Is this a bug or an issue with how the world gets saved? 

Developer
Oct 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM

That's actually quite strange.  The Terraria world should save when you fully quit and then MoreTerra can use
that new data to draw a map.  I know it works that way as I not only use it for playing but also when doing testing.
Some days I load Terraria just to quit within two minutes way too many times for this reason.

If the timestamp is not changing the thing I would think of is that you are looking at the wrong saved image.
If you changed the directory where you were going to save the image and forgot you did this could cause it.
However, this would not do anything if you are using the "Open image after drawing" as then it should open
the very same image it saved too.

Have you managed to work out what was happening here yet? 

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I also having the same problem. The map doesn't seem to have to refresh for me. I spent a couple hours playing and such, then had a break where I shut down everything. Then when I started everything up again, it generated the same map that I had in the previous play period.

I've tried quiting and opening terraria/moreterra. Logging in and out. Deleting all previous map images.

I'm not sure of where to see a time stamp anywhere. But the previous mining that I did, was unchanged.

Also I was wondering if it was possible to generate a map from a joined server. I just dont see a map file anywhere. Just my single player ones.