Add a legend for the Icons left/right/over/under the image

Sep 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Would be nice, if there will be a option.

Developer
Sep 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Well, as good as an idea that it might sound I really don't think it would work too well.

For one, where on the image would I be putting this legend?  Up in the sky area makes the most sense but I'd
have to be careful not to overwrite a floating island.  But that is not the real issue in my mind.  The real issue
is that I'd have to make them the right size to be seen without covering things up but then someone is constantly
scrolling back and forth along the image so they can see the legend and the actual sections of the map.  This
would get to be quite a pain.  I don't think I've ever seen a basic image viewer that allows for little picture in picture
to be able to look at two spots in an image at once. 

Actually, this is why I set up the Marker list the way I did in the first place.  All the icons for the marker list are exactly
the same as the icons that will show up on the map when they are drawn so you can simply use that tab in MoreTerra
as a legend for the map and this avoid having to scroll back and forth as it's in a completely different window.

Where this idea fails is if a Terraria server online posts images drawn by MoreTerra.  Then the person
looking at the picture would need a legend as they would not have a copy of the program itself.   In this
case having a legend written straight on the image would be useful. 

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Why not put the legend on the right and left sides of the result image? Make a sidebar that doesn't have any map information and put the legend in there. I don't see a downside to having an image that's wider than the current one.