New version

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Anyone willing to make this viewer for 1.2 version of terraria.
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I think there was one guy who primarily wrote the code for MoreTerra, dunno whether he's still around :( The other 2 (?) standalone map viewers were more recently active, afaict. Still, the update did just come out - and if I'm not mistaken there's at least a couple of fundamental changes, at least that's what I guessed from the partial changelog notes I saw. MoreTerra's going to need quite the comprehensive overhaul, unfortunately.
Developer
Oct 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
There have been three people that have worked on the code for MoreTerra since the start.

I'm currently trying to work my way through getting it working again but I'm having some issues getting the code to read the tiles properly.

Sadly, I've got two children to take care of as well so progress is not going as fast as I would really like.

The changes really were not that big, though. I've got the new file header all reading in fine and nothing really changed with signs/NPCs and the double sized chests was a very fast fix.

The primary thing is adding in the information for all the new types of tiles that can be placed along with all the colors for the new objects.

Writing this actually might have given me a solution to my problem. Time to go test it.
Oct 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Hey thanks, I remember you, I think :D Nice to see you still around, good luck with the update. I hear there's a patch just coming out btw, although it looks primarily like a bugfix:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/1nonn9/1202_will_go_live_in_a_few_hours/

Doesn't sound like any map-changing updates in there, but who knows.
Developer
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I am actively working on MoreTerra now and it works for 1.2 In the process of adding all new items and tiles.
Developer
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Oh that's interesting. I hadn't realized someone else was working on this now.

I got the last bug in the new file format taken care of now and I can now draw out maps, though all the new tiles are showing up as hot pink (Unknown types). It should be pretty simple to get some colors going for them now that Terraria has it's own official map with official map colors.
Oct 5, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Just found JonnyRock's post on Reddit, here's the link,

http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/1nq5am/moreterra_111_terraria_12/

Thanks!
Oct 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Thank You!
Its very nice that you guys working out for patching.
Oct 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM
There is some new ores witch would be nice to add for markers.
At start: (block id number after name, new ores are bold)
Tin ore (166) <-> copper ore (7)
lead ore (167) <-> iron ore (6)
tungsten ore (168) <-> silver ore (9)
platinum ore (169) <-> gold ore (8)
crimtane ore (204) <-> Demonite Ore (22)

Hardmode ores:
Palladium ore (221) <-> cobolt ore (107)
orichalcum ore (222) <-> mithril ore (108)
titanium ore (223) <-> admantium ore (111)

Chlorophyte ore (211) -> this is found only from jungle

Thanks!
Developer
Oct 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM
the update yesterday has all the markers now.
Oct 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Thanks!
Everything works fine for me!