update for 1.1.2?

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Just wondering when or if this is getting done.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Same here. Please and thanks.

Developer
Jan 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Ah, I hadn't realized something needed to be updated.  I read the change log and nothing stood out.

I would bet from looking at the log again that it was the multiple language support that broke things with chests and signs.

I'm not sure I can check it out today but I'll see what I can do.

*Edit*
Sure enough, it looks like they changed the way the chest items saved to a number instead of a string, which makes sense if the language can be different.  This will take a bit as I'll have to match up the item names with the item #'s but I already had almost all the pre-1.1 items with the right numbers.  Hopefully it should not take very long. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Right on! Thanks

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Solsund,

If I may make a suggestion. How hard would it be to adjust MoreTerra so that it only parses things like Chests and Signs if you have options enabled to draw them/search for them or is that not possible with the way the world file is constructed? That might make the program useable when updates occur instead of causing it to error out and also help troubleshoot in the future since we would be able to see that MoreTerra keeps having problems with the 'Reading Signs' step and then elect to ignore signs.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM

also wondering when MoreTerra will be compatible with terraria 1.1.2. pls update

Developer
Jan 24, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Ok, the newest version is out.  It could have been done ages ago had I not gotten lazy when I did the update to Terraria 1.1 but I never expected them to add multiple language support.  So I had to add item numbers for all the new items.

Talderas, that's really a good question.  I could change it to skip past the end and only get tiles but it would skip Chests, Signs and NPCs as I'd have to read the Chests to get to the rest.  Then again every update recently changed and broke something in either the tiles or the header.  This release was unique in that everything stayed the same except for the chests.  I'm not sure it would be worth trying to put it in.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Edited Jan 24, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Ignore this it turns out I had an option disabled.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thanks so much for all your work Solsund. MoreTerra has helped me find so much ore and without it, I probably would have stopped playing Terraria for sheer boredom of not having enough ores to do anything.